Website migration done properly
We do you
We’ve been migrating websites since the beginning of time
Well, since the beginning of the internet.
It can be a hassle right?
Our migration services start from just £50.00 to and from any host and including any settings that may be sitting elsewhere like Cloudflare or in your Domain Name registrar.
We know its important to get it right for you.
When migrating a website, there are several important factors to consider.
Here are some key things we think about:
1. Purpose and Goals: Clearly define the purpose and goals of the website migration. Are you upgrading the platform, redesigning the site, or moving to a new hosting provider? Understanding the objective will help in planning and executing the migration effectively.
2. Content Audit: Conduct a thorough audit of your existing content. Identify what needs to be migrated, what can be improved, and what can be removed. This will ensure that only relevant and valuable content is transferred to the new site.
3. SEO and URL Structure: Preserve your existing SEO rankings and organic traffic by mapping old URLs to new ones. Set up proper 301 redirects to notify search engines about the changes. Also, consider optimizing the new site’s URL structure for better search engine visibility.
4. Design and User Experience: Take the opportunity to evaluate the site’s design and user experience during migration. Consider modernizing the design, improving navigation, and making it mobile-friendly. This will help in attracting and retaining visitors.
5. Technical Considerations: Ensure compatibility of the new platform with your website’s requirements. Check if the new platform supports the necessary features and functionalities needed for the site. Also, consider factors like website speed, security, and scalability during the migration process.
6. Testing: Perform thorough testing throughout the migration process. Test the new website on different devices, browsers, and operating systems. Check for broken links, missing images, and any other issues that may have arisen during the migration.
7. Backups and Security: Backup your existing website before starting the migration process. This ensures that you have a copy of your original site if anything goes wrong. Additionally, implement security measures on the new website to protect it from potential vulnerabilities.
8. Communication and Downtime: Inform your audience and stakeholders about the upcoming website migration. Communicate the expected downtime, if any, and provide alternative ways to access your products or services during that period.
9. Analytics and Tracking: Ensure that your analytics and tracking codes are properly set up on the new website. This will allow you to continue monitoring and measuring the performance of your site after migration.
10. Post-Migration Monitoring: Monitor the new website closely after migration. Keep an eye on traffic, user behavior, and any potential issues that may arise. Make necessary adjustments and improvements based on the data collected.
By considering these factors and planning ahead, you can ensure a smooth and successful website migration process.
Call us in today to see what we can do for you to take the headache and stress out of migrating your website.